Looking with New Eyes

During July I have been taking another of Shimelle's courses "Love your Pictures, Love your Pages" over at www.shimelle.com
The idea is to improve my photography. Shimelle's courses are always top class and I'm learning to look with new eyes.

The council have planted wild flowers in a roundabout at the end of our street. This was how it looked in June.

And now in July...

A great contrast.

This is the time when the spiders' webs are everywhere. Shimelle suggests getting down low and taking the photo looking up at the subject.


And to try getting up very close.

And last week I was looking out my office window and saw this pair of pigeons. The male was glaring at his mate and every now and again she tried to peck him which made him very angry. He kept attacking her very forcefully until she became submissive. We've called him wife-beater and we don't like him anymore. Is this normal behaviour for pigeons?



And finally, for no reason at all, a line of birdies on the wall. Don't they look cute?


I hope you enjoyed my post. Bye for now

3 comments:

  1. pretty flowers! photography is so fun. enjoy! swapbot/betterthannaked

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely enjoyed it! The pictures are beautiful and i love wildflowers! following from swap-bot im a blogger follow me swap... also linked to your blog on mine :D
    Liz (lizzibeth226)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are lovely photos. Thank you for sharing them This is storylaura from the "I'm a blogger, follow me." Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

    ReplyDelete