Daily Journal

Back in January I mentioned about this idea for keeping a diary - writing just one phrase or sentence in each small square of a calendar page (printed out from Microsoft Publisher). It's June and I've completed every month so far. It's the first time ever I've managed to keep up with writing a journal!

I'm loving it. I can look back at each month and remember every day. And it's a great way to use up all those little bits of paper, stickers and other embellishments!

On the other page I printed out photos of the highlights of the month, following along with Shimelle on UK Scrappers and their "Document 2010" project, but doing my own variation.



On Sunday afternoon while everyone was at golf I was able to enjoy a bit of scrapping of some beauty around us. The pages are not entirely original - I lifted a couple of ideas from layouts in Scrapbook Magazine. I can never scraplift one page, instead I use ideas from several pages. Does anyone else do that?

6 comments:

  1. Love the big calendar layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ur partner for the "Check Out My Blog!" swap at Swap-Bot and i want to say u have a great blog!!

    ~LadyRose~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your calendar and think it's a fab idea.

    J3ss1ca (Swap-Bolt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Can you take more pics of this?? I'd love to see more of it and learn more about the idea! It sounds so cool, and I love the way you filled in each square so neatly :)

    LesleyKnitsPretty on Swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! Must have taken a long time, thanks for the share. I've mentioned your blog on my ps-kampiscines.blogspot.com site, feel free to drop by and say hello.

    kampicines from swap-bot
    "I'm a Blogger, Follow Me!" Swap

    ReplyDelete