Junque Journal

This year I decided to improve my creativity by signing up for an online Art Journal Course called Art Journal Caravan by Angie Baxter.
http://tangiebaxter.typepad.com/tangies_blog/art-journal-caravan/

I have been finding it so hard. My mind goes blank when we get the prompt for the week. I could write it down as a little story but draw/paint/collage it? Where do these wonderfully creative people get their ideas from? I'm in awe as I look at their pages. So far I have completed every session (8 in total) but not game enough to publish any of my "art".

What I discovered is that I am very left brain, logical and ordered. I like my things to all line up and be balanced......tidy with just a few colours that go together.....that was until I discovered Junque Journals!

On the forum for this course, was a post from Angie about creating a book where you put all your memorabilia, greeting cards, menus...whatever you collect and hang onto for the memory or sentimental reasons. This should give you the link to the first video which shows you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZ-tv5TsjM

Well I thought I would give it a try. A quick trip to the supermarket to buy a cheap school book and I was underway.

It took me a couple of hours to make. But it was wonderful fun! I just love it, the look and feel of it.



Nothing is precisely measured. I loved crunching up the pages. I used up lots of my old stash. When it was finished I decorated the cover with pretty paper and embellishments.



And then I started filling it. I had a shoe box filled with all sorts of things so they are all in my journal now which stands in a corner of the lounge.

Do you want to try it? Or let me know if you'd prefer me to make you one.

wishing you lots of possibilities....
Beverly

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they gorgeous??? I made one a few weeks ago and LOVE it!!! I tend to keep all kinds of tickets and bits of paper - little drawings from my kids and bits and pieces - this journal is PERFECT for putting all those in!!! I just love love LOVE it!!

    Yours is FAB!!!

    I'm in Shimelles class with you :)

    ReplyDelete